Saturday 21 April 2012

St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Lotion

Many moons ago, when my blog was a lot younger, I posted quite a few fake tan reviews with the most recent being St Moriz mousse. Since then, there have been no more reviews. Rest assured, I am still very much a serial faux-tanner but the St. Moriz gave me everything I looked for in a tan, so I didn't feel the need to branch out. At just a few pounds a bottle, my previous faves - Xen-Tan and St. Tropez were blown out of the water!

However, the time has come for a new favourite to take over!


Same brand; different tan.

The St. Moriz lotion, like it's mousse counterpart, is heralded as an instant tan. However, do not be fooled! On application, you will look like the mud monster but after a minimum of 4 hours and a quick shower, you'll look like a bronzed goddess for a good few days!

And here are the other reasons I love it so much and why it beat the mousse format to the top spot..

Application


This really is a dream to apply. It glides on effortlessly, skims over all those knobbly knees and elbows and makes you realise just how hard the mousse is to apply.

5 minutes and you're whole body is done - perfect!

Colour


I won't lie, the colour is quite dark but I would say is a happy medium between the original mousse and the dark version and is also much more of a natural olive tone. One application is perfect for me with my natural pale skin but I think it is definitely buildable if you want to be darker!


Staying Power


For me, this is probably the most important aspect of a tan. If I've spent a lot of time prepping my skin and painstakingly applying a product, I want to be happy knowing that it will have longevity; ensuring I don't have to go to all that effort every other day. I also want it to wear evenly so I don't have to worry about covering up unsightly patches or spending hours scrubbing it all off just to start again.

This lotion? Wins in both aspects. With a daily light exfoliation in the shower - which I do religiously - this tan wears beautifully. No patches; no stubborn areas. Just seven days of gradual fading before you're ready to start again. Also, if you do maybe feel like a full body exfoliation, it comes off easily without you having to scrub your skin until it is raw. This is where the mousse falls down, as does Xen-Tan.

Overall


A truly amazing tan. Beautiful colour, simple application and longevity which means it saves so much time and effort. If you are a label junkie like me - do not be put off. The affordable price is not relative to the result. I just stocked up due to the current selling price of 99p in Tesco - after all, it would've been rude not to..!!

Are you a St. Moriz fan? How do you rate the Lotion vs. Mousse? I'd love to know your thoughts!

xxx

23 comments:

  1. I use this fake tan religiously! I was also a HUGE fan of the mousse before finding the lotion and now it is without a doubt my HG tan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are twin-tans Mel! Glad to hear you love it too! xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this now! I've been looking for a new fake tan and this sounds exactly what I want. Thank you for the review :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Fleur- I'm happy you found it useful! Let me know if you get a chance to try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always used the mousse but am tempted by the lotion after reading this! I'm from Edinburgh so the only sun I get is from a bottle haha! Love your blog just found it, following now x

    kokeshibeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! :) Once you've tried to lotion, you'll wonder why you ever liked the mousse so much - I promise! xx

      Delete
  5. I've just discovered the lotion and it's made me think how did I ever apply the mousse?! In comparison the mousse is horrible to apply! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! I ran out a few weeks ago and only had the mousse left - that made me realise how different they are! The lotion just glides on compared to the mousse! xx

      Delete
  6. I seriously need to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should Tali! For me, it is serious Holy Grail material! xx

      Delete
  7. I really feel the Mousse couldn't be any better? I must must must try this?? Wicked girl! x

    http://katebuysnicethings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think the same but now when I go back to the mousse, I cannot stand it! xx

      Delete
  8. How does it compare to the spray? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used the spray I'm afraid! xx

      Delete
    2. Hi there I have mousse on ATM am I okay to wash off in 6 hrs will I b tanned then as have an evening out, the lotion sounds like a dream must try it next how long do u leave lotion on 4 4 best results? Thanks xxx

      Delete
    3. I am so sorry for not replying sooner! I always leave on for at least 4 hours so I am sure 6 will be fine! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Hey , i bought this recently and for some reason whenever i use it no matter how long i leave it (even tried 8 hours) when i go for a shower it just washes off and i go patchy? Is it just me? How can i get it to stay and not go patchy after a shower? Am i doing something wrong? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's so annoying! Do you always exfoliate before hand? I always ensure I have do a full body exfoliation before hand with a non-oily shower gel and then only apply lotion to the dry areas - elbows, ankles etc. If you apply lotion all over, this may interfere with the tan and cause it to go patchy. Other than that, you may have unfortunately bought an old bottle that has gone a bit dodgy :(
      I hope you manage to get it work out as it really is a great product and so affordable! xx

      Delete
  10. My skins really pale and quite blotchy, if you know what I mean! I don't tan naturally at all so this sounds perfect, all the other self tanning methods ove tried myself have been too much for my skin as they've either been too orange, too patchy or left my skin feeling dry and scrubbed after hard application. You mentioned having pale skin yourself- is this something palies like us can rely on! Got my school prom soon so need cheap and easy fast!! Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! I absolutely love this tan and yes I am naturally very pale but I am a complete addict so I am used to going quite dark haha. Maybe try this out on your legs a week or so before your prom so you can see if you like the outcome?

      A great cheap and instant option could also be the Rimmel instant tan. This looks very dark at first but if you mix it with some moisturiser it gives a great colour and then can just be washed off after :) xx

      Delete
  11. I wish someone sees this! I've never applied fake tan and I was thinking about buying this one. Do you still you a tanning mitt to apply or just use your hands? xxx

    ReplyDelete