Sunday 31 July 2011

An old favourite...

My love affair with MAC's Hush Cream Colour Base is no secret... since I purchased it last year it has barely been off my cheekbones.  So when I realised to my dismay last week that I literally had only a scrap left (..I think I'd been in denial for weeks at how fast I was running out) and no time to repurchase, I had a rummage in my stash and came across a previous love...

Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Glam Tan Bronzer


Although showcased in a previous FOTD in the form of a bronzer, this time I lightly swept it just along the tops of my cheekbones to provide the 'lit-from-within' dewiness I love.  I am not sure this would work with my normal skin tone - as the product is quite dark - but with my Spanish tan still lingering, it took on the role of a highlighter perfectly.

Cue embarrassing photo from a recent night out...


If someone has a hat on, you just have to try it on...right?!

As well as the gorgeous sheen and fantastic pigmentation, this product applies beautifully; you can build it up as you wish and takes on the role of an eyeshadow perfectly.  The mineral based product means it's gentle on your skin and at just £9.49, it is gentle on your purse too.

Prestige is one of those brands that I always overlook but out of the few products I do own, they are seriously impressive and I go back to time and time again.  The Pure Shimmer version of this product is definitely on my radar for when I'm less tanned... 

Do you have any Prestige recommendations?

xxx

6 comments:

  1. I have one of their single eyeshadows which I love - not very smooth but gorgeous colour, it's called Flushed!

    I've been on the lookout for a powder highlighter too, even if I love my Hush too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried anything from Prestige, this does look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really nice..would probably be too dark for me though. Haven't bought anything from Prestige, but I've got a Boots voucher so may have to have a look :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried anything from Prestige but that looks lovely on you, must give it a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely recommend this if you are buying a Prestige item for the first time! Their Silk lipliner is also amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete