Saturday 8 March 2014

Monthly Favourites|February

February was an odd month. 

It started off in the Southern Hemisphere in balmy Sydney with most days spent at the beach; it ended in frosty London, back at work and in a long distance relationship. Not quite what I had in mind but when does life ever go to plan hey? I got back to the UK around 2 weeks ago and feel like I haven't stopped since. Although, I've still had time to rediscover some fantastic old favourites and happily shop for some new ones. And who better to share them with than you lovely lot?! Here goes...


17 Beehive Lipstick is a product that was hugely hyped in Blogger World a few years ago now. It's a beautiful lipstick with a perfect 'my lips but better' hue and the formulation is creamy and just the right side of glossy. I repurchased it time and time again but then, as usual, my head was turned to other products and I forgot all about it. That was until last week. I spied it in Boots with its incredible new packaging - why has nobody thought of a mirror in the tube before?! - and have worn it every day since. The other bonus? It's an absolute steal at £4.79. Dreamy!

- The little red pot is a sample size of Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, which was gifted from a friend. I haven't used a primer in ages but dug this out last week and it's love already. It does everything you want a primer to do - fills in fine lines and pores, creates a super smooth base for your foundation and then ensures it doesn't sink into your skin over the course of the day. You only need the tiniest amount so this pot will last a while but I think £26 for the large pot is totally worth it and I'll definitely be investing.

- When it comes to perfume, I'm a total creature of habit. So when my Mum sent me off to Australia with a bottle of Armani Diamonds I was a little wary. But it turns out she knows best - as always! - and it's a great scent that I get compliments on whenever I wear it. From now on, I vow to be more adventurous. Maybe...

- I'm also branching out with skincare as I'm unfortunately not getting any younger and really starting to notice it in my skin. I've been seriously impressed with all of the products I've tried from the Boots Botanics range but this Microdermabrasion Polish is definitely the winner. About once a week, I gently massage a pea sized amount of this all over my face, concentrating on any problem areas. It not only makes my skin feel amazing but I can see the difference instantly as well. I look forward to Sunday nights purely so I can use this - it's a true Holy Grail product.

- I'm not sure what else to say about KMS Tame Frizz Taming Creme other than - I bloody love it! It smells insanely good and actually does what it promises. Yes, it tames the frizz. And well, that's good enough for me! 

- Lastly, is something that has taken over my life so much that it deserves a mention. I'm back on the Tumblr wagon and it feels good. Pictures of incredible food, fashion to drool over and enough cute kittens to make anyone smile - an hour on this day a day, keeps the long-distance relationships blues away. For now anyway...

What have you loved this February? Are you on Tumblr? Let me know!

Happy March everyone xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment